THE STOMP KINGS ARE HERE!
January 2012 saw the release of the first Stomp King virtual FX pedals for the VST environment. These are highly individual, but extremely musical freeware devices which have the sonic aura of a classic vintage stomp box range. Among the first batch were some offbeat and interesting units including an analogue delay, a very cool guitar amp simulator (also brilliant for bass or clonewheel organ), a sophisticated ‘dimension’-style symphonic chorus, a cyclic filter and a standalone vibrato. The range now comprises seven virtual pedals - the latest being a dual chorus with a fat, retro sound.
The brief has been to keep everything dead simple for the user, and leave all the complicated stuff ‘under the bonnet’. This was one of the reasons I chose a stomp box format over a rack type unit with loads of parameters. Here are the units available so far...
To download, please visit the Stomp King SK1 Download Page.
To download, please visit the Stomp King SK-2 Download Page.
To download, please visit the Stomp King SK-3 Download Page.
Digital delays are ten-a-penny. They're easy for techies to make because they're all about maths. This delay is all about music. It simulates the old analogue delay pedal, with its steady degradation of repeats and characteristic pitch instability. If you're bored with clinical digital delays and want something with more character, this is your free route to that retro echo unit we all complained about so much in the 1980s, but can't get enough of today. You should find some nice dub-type effects - especially if you control the grunginess of the delays by adjusting the volume of the input signal. Retro synth arpeggios work very well too.
To download, please visit the Stomp King SK-4 Download Page.
VSTX3 virtual clonewheel organ you can use this effect to seriously dirty it up.
To download, please visit the Stomp King SK-5 Download Page.
To download, please visit the Stomp King SK-6 Download Page.
To download, please visit the Stomp King SK-7 Download Page.
To download, please visit the Stomp King SK-8 Download Page.
More VST Freeware
- QUICK SITE MENU
- Latest Posts
- ALL GUITAR REVIEWS
- How Much is Your Guitar Worth?
- How to Spot a Partscaster
- How Many Vintage Strats Are REAL?
- The Rise of the Retrofit Pickup
- Are Stock Pickups Best?
- '70s Strats: Good, Bad or Ugly?
- The 1950s Stratocaster
- The Truth About '80s Squier Strats
- Vintage Prices Set to Crash?
- '60s Gibson P/ups Overvalued?
- Cheap vs Expensive Guiitars
- The Success of Leo Fender
- Obscure Les Paul Facts
- Fender Colour Mysteries
- Tokai TST-50s in the 1980s
FREE VST Software
- Ensembletron String Machine
- SK-5 Guitar Amp
- Mutiny Retro Polysynth
- Classic H Tonewheel Organ
- VSTV2 1960s Organ
- SK-6 Tube Rotor
- SK-4 Analogue Delay
- The Guttersnipe
- The Rawgan
- SK-3 F-Cycle
- Skanksta Ska Organ
- SK-2 Sympho Chorus
- SK-1 Classic Vibrato
- The Nash Home Organ
- VSTX3 Analogue Organ
- ALL VST SOFTWARE
- VIRTUAL ORGANS PAGE
- Musical Instruments
Social Web / Music
- ALL INTERNET AND SOCIAL
- How Technology Killed Music
- Music Promotion on Twitter
- Sister Site Twirpz
- Internet Comedy
- JUST BULLSHIT (track + lyrics)
- FIRES OF HELL (track + lyrics)
- LIVE WIRE (track + lyrics)
- IF YOU'RE UP THERE (track + lyrics)
- SHE'S BACK (track + lyrics)
- NO ONE EVER GREW (track + lyrics)
- MAGIC WORDS (track + lyrics)
- BIG NIGHT OUT (track + lyrics)
- SPEND MORE TIME (track + lyrics)
- WEATHER GIRL (track + lyrics)
- Forum Related
- General Interest
- Cookies / Privacy